5/11/11

A Gift for Mom

Remember when I introduced you to my fabulous mother? If not, you can meet her here! As I was browsing Pinterest a few weeks ago I saw this picture...



Immediately I thought I needed to make this for her Mother's day gift. Due to my impulse nature I cut some Amy Butler fabric I had and sewed it together. I then recruited The Mr. to go on a "nature field trip" with me. (It's his type of thing.) We did a little trespassing in a nearby woods. I was busy grabbing the perfect size sticks as The Mr. was hunting for morel mushrooms. I scored immediately but he had no such luck.  We returned and cut the sticks with our piece-of-crap-saw which I ended up throwing in the trash. Here she is...

I sewed it like a pillowcase and then rolled over the ends and sewed.

The next day I sent it in the mail and waited for her response... 


She loved it! I imagined her using it to carry in her veggies that her and my little nephew picked together. Too bad I'm not there to help!

No comments: